November 4, 2009

Today I felt like an idiot

It was fifty degrees out and I paid no attention to any past experiences and went out in a mini and two small sweaters. It's ridiculous that I have no sense of how I'll feel when the weather is between sixty and forty. I just can't imagine how cold it will feel until I feel it.
I know today's not one of the days I promised to post but I'm making up for the days I missed.
Since It's troubled me for a while I thought I tackle all the mystery about dress codes for parties.
For casual, you can probably wear jeans but make sure you know what type of person is hosting the party. Others idea of casual could differ with yours. Always keep one peice special though. A top like this could easily be dressed up or down. A pencil skirt or jeans are easy choices.
Festive, club and cocktail wear are more dressed up and you can be very fun and outgoing with what you wear (unless of course the host is very conservative). Mini's are also appropriate. I would go with a dress but you could easily wear a skirt. If the event is specified as cocktail I would go with something a bit longer like this:
This one looks better on and the seaming is beautiful.
For black tie optional go for longer dresses in special fabrics and not tons of skin. this one comes in tons of colors and the cut is perfect.
Black tie should be something very special.

If you wear vintage you can be sure no one else will be wearing what you are. You can be unique and very pretty in such a dress and if you know where to look they can be cheaper than current dresses. This one is so special I feel lucky just looking at it.

2 comments:

  1. Where did the cocktail dress come from? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cocktail dress is from Forever21 for $22.80 and currently only in black.

    ReplyDelete