November 2, 2009

Daylight savings!

November took me by surprise this year. I spent a lovely Halloween with my friends as a Roman goddess and ate lots of candy and then slept an extra hour. I loved that hour but I forgot how dark it gets now. I notice how much shorter the day is than it was before November.
I came out yesterday and noticed how crisp it was. It must be one of my favorite things about November. The crispness makes me feel stronger and more awake and like the whole world is clearer (the last could be from my lack of good vision and the rain in the air throughout October). Plus in November, you start layering! which is awesome and lets me wear more sweaters (sweaters are definitely my weakness. No sweater is thrown out until the amount of holes is too great to be fixed).
Another reason I love November is that's when I deem it appropriate to go down to Rockefeller center to ice skate and eat at La Maison du Chocolat. I put on a short skirt and tights and show off the lessons I took. I actually think skates look really cool. Tomorrow is my first trip this year and I'm practically dying to go.
Have a fun time finishing your Halloween candy and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment